Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jackassery.


Common Sense Fashion. What does it mean? It's silliness, really. Fashion is not, in itself, common sense. However there is an inundation of jackassery in our current climate that lends itself to mistakes of the grand order when it comes
to fashion choices. We, of the committee are all for fashion, all for trends. We are not, however, for jackassery. In our fast moving world, it is so easy to get swept up in the haves and have nots of fashion and style.

"That succulent, name-not-mentioned sweat suit, I must have it. So what if it makes me look like an overstuffed sausage? I will wear it to the store!"
No, reader, you will not. We are here to help. Read on.
Resolutions for this year: (or this month anyway)
I will buy it only if I am in love. Love means never having to think what it will match with in my closet. Love is love, accepting the item as it is. Strange rationale, we know, but we are getting there.
I will find a fashion muse.
I will never go to the store in sweats. You never know who you'll see.


1 comment: